Please read the policies below before registering.
Student Policies Agreement
Enrollment: You must
Enrollment: You must
- Complete Interview: If applying for apprenticeship with Mama Omi
- Make payments via paypal – paypal.me/ubuntuwellness
- Complete Application and Policy agreement
- Provide 3 letters of reference
- Doula Essay
- Upload all files into your google drive folder
- All classes have a required payment before commencing lessons.
- You’re expected to make payments as agreed upon during the signing of the Student Agreement.
- Payment Plans: Any payment more than 7 days late will result in suspension of access to learning materials. Students on a monthly payment plan will have modules opened to them weekly.
- Students who have completed their full payment will have all modules opened to them.
- Only students that have completed all requirements, including the payment plan, will receive their graduate certification(s).
- We do offer strict payment plan during the training.
- HBD payment plan: $300.00 down with a monthly payment of $158.33.
- HPD payment plan: $300 down with a monthly payment of $125.00
- Dual Training payment plan $500 down payment and three payment plan $250
- If you do enter into a payment plan. Please call Iya Omi @ 240-750-6890 for details.
- Must attend all live workshops and at least 2 conference calls
- Must complete all homework and test. 85% or higher for passing
- Must have access to internet. Cameras are beneficial but not necessary. Must have a microphone.
- Must have an active email address. Gmail is preferred to make it easy for you to access the google drive.
- Assignments are due midnight Sunday and should be uploaded to your folder in the google drive.
- Only students that have completed all requirements, attended births/postpartum hours and all class work, will receive their graduate certification(s)
- Ubuntu Wellness Academy Doula Training is online, in-person and conference calls. You will have access to a mentor for the duration of your enrollment. Mentors are provided to guide you through the training and provide any additional assistance along your budding birth worker journey.
- Birth Doula students have one year to complete the program from their start date and must assist 3 families during training. When attending births, these services are free of charge except for travel compensation. Inform all your birth clients of this form and it must be completed each visit made to your client and initialed by you and the client. You must also attend the Birth Doula Hands-On Workshop during your one-year period. In order to receive your graduate certificate, all required attended births and assignments are needed.
- Births also must be attended by a trained medical provider of the clients’ choice. (i.e. Traditional Midwife- over 5yrs in practice, CNM, OBGyn, Nurse Practitioner, etc). UWA students are not expected to “catch babies”, this isn’t within the scope of practice of a birth doula and has been a part of controversial conversations in the U.S. It would be in your best interest to attend births with a trained medical provider present. This is to maintain the birth doula scope of practice and limit liability should the birth need additional medical assistance.
- Postpartum students have 6 months to complete the program from the start date and must assist in 10 hours of postpartum support. These training hours assist in gaining experience of a family’s needs and how you will utilize the information you are learning. You must also attend the Postpartum Hands-On Workshop during your 6-month period. In order to receive your graduate certificate, all required postpartum training hours and assignments are needed.
- If enrolled in the Dual training (Birth & Postpartum), you will have a complete year and 6 months to attend 3 births and complete 10 hours of postpartum support along with all assignments for each program to receive graduate certificate. You must also attend a Birth & Postpartum Hands-On Workshop (Dates given upon registration to program)